You blog. You Profit. Sign up for SocialSpark!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Who Needs Another Job

I spent the better part of the morning on the phone talking to my debit card companies.  I realized that I have a high volumn of patience.  In my opinion, such volumns should be reserved for people who actually get paid to be patient.  I mention pay because for the amount of time I spend talking to sometimes, incompetent people, if I were on that game show where they pay people to not loose their temper, I would win every time.  Recently I acquired a 1-866 number in order to give advice to people over the phone.  Mind you, I'm in a pool of countless others looking to make some money per minute, just as I am.  The competition is very high.  To date, no one has bothered to call my number which is available from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., after that you have to make arrangements to talk to me.  If I could take the mounds of minutes that I spend on the phone with customer service reps, repeating myself, as if I'm speaking a foreign language instead of them, I would be on to something.  My telephone conversation today, lasted for more than twenty minutes.  If I was getting paid a dollar per minute, as my 1-866 number charges, I would be twenty dollars richer.  After that very unsuccessful call, I spent about six or more minutes waiting on hold for someone to get back to me at my child's school so that I could re-schedule a very important meeting.  Everyone knows that time is money and money takes time and I'll sure be glad when my time is making money. 

My original post was about, "who needs another job," and once again I've gotten off topic.  Seriously, though, I don't think I could handle another job other than the job I have as a stay-at-home mom, trying to stay on top of everything from doctor appointments, to crisis with debt cards, to rescuing my child from himself at school, to just making sure that my house stays lit, warm, and the occupants keep a morsel of food in their mouths.  Where would I find the time to take on another job?  Too bad I can't get a check for motherhood.  Until the next time..."Live your life by loving yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I know your time is valuable. I appreciate your visit.