You blog. You Profit. Sign up for SocialSpark!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Alligator Skin Be Gone

Winter will soon be coming to an end, and I sure can't wait.  For the past three months, my skin has been shedding like an anaconda snake.  No matter what I soaked in or applied to my skin, the end result would be, only hours later, scaly skin reappearing on my legs.  I'm not used to rough looking skin.  In the past, I've been accused of being soft as a cotton ball, how so, now that I have alligator skin?  Baby oil should have knocked the problem right out, but I guess my very adult skin was too much for it. 

So I'm out of baby oil and in dire need of some skin emollient.  My sons share whatever I buy, so I really need to get some quick because sometimes, Eleven Year Old looks like he's been playing in flour.  Dry skin after showering leaves my poor baby in need of extra moisture.  I don't spend a lot of money on such things because frankly, I can't afford it any more.  When I was childless, I splurged on all kinds of Victoria Secret scents and Bath and Body Works, but now, on my shoestring budget, I buy whatever goes on smooth from Walgreen's.  I'm at Walgreen's getting some toothpaste and deodorant, I remember that I'm all out of lotion.  There's a jar of Nadinola, Cocoa Butter Creme for only $.99 cents; my kind of price.  If it has cocoa butter in it, I know it has to be worth something.  So I purchase it and wow, does it work. 

I've been using it for three days now and I've noticed a difference in the skin on my legs.  Gone are the scaly flakes that usually are present after I get up in the morning.  I'm really pleased with my $.99 cents purchase.  For $.99 cents, I could not have asked for better results.  Once I get some more surplus money, I'm going to stock up on this product before it goes up or others find out how good it really is.  I'm glad I can't afford or choose not to spend a lot of money on personal care products, just because of the name; except my cleaning products,of course.  I've tried the products from the dollar stores and although they may be knock-offs of name brands, I don't use them unless it's absolutely necessary.  Give me my tried and trusted, old school products that I remember from my childhood.  To find out what those are, read my post after this one.  Until next time..."Live your life by loving yourself."

2 comments:

  1. Man, I have been struggling with that too. Ash on my paste white skin I am fading into walls. I found out if you take fish oil, (I know sounds nassy) put it in the freezer and take it at night and wham pow fabulous and silky.

    I am going to have to completely agree on those dollar store cleaning products. Had to go with the laundry detergent and that smell...disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. V, I'm telling you, this cocoa butter creamy stuff is the BOMB (great). It goes on silky smooth and your skin drinks it in. I haven't put any on in two days and my skin is still flake free.

    Yeah, had to stop buying the dollar store stuff. The detergent doesn't even get stuff clean. I definitely pay more when I can. Thanks for coming by again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I know your time is valuable. I appreciate your visit.