You blog. You Profit. Sign up for SocialSpark!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Quiet Morning

This morning, unlike yesterday morning, was very quiet.  Even though I got woke up by both of my boys, it was okay.  This was after my fiance' had gotten up and made sure that the boys were up and at-um.  My youngest came in to show me his home work, and by now, I've forgotten what the, oh, yeah, my fourteen year old wanted to know where the iron was.  He found it without me ever having to leave the bed.  It was great not having the threat of busting a blood vessel this morning.  Yesterday, after my youngest got home from school, I apologized to him about having to verbally beat him up.  I told him that his brother had worn his grey shirt that he had been looking for.  The fourteen year old comes home yesterday and takes off of his uniform shirt, displaying a very tight fitting grey shirt.  I informed him that his brother had been looking for that shirt, and it almost cost him his life.  I told him to keep his butt out of his brother's stuff, looking like Baby Huey.  He wanted to know who Baby Huey was, whom he thought I was talking about a rapper from our home town; NOT.  I pulled up Youtube and showed him the duck from back in the day.  We had a good laugh.

When my youngest got home from school, like I said, I apologized to him.  I told him that his brother had worn his shirt and that I had told his brother that he looked like Baby Huey.  He, too, thought I was talking about the rapper from our home town; NOT.  I pulled up Youtube again to show him the cartoon from long ago; we had a good laugh.  While standing in front of the television watching something, my youngest puts his arm around me and kisses me on the cheek.  Obviously he has forgiven me for almost jacking him up, that morning.  At that moment I realized that when I have to be tough with my kids, they don't hate me.  They know that I'm only being a mother and that as long as they do what they're supposed to do, then I don't have to get jiggy with them.  Even after putting my fourteen year old in a headlock one evening, the next day I talked to him about the incident and he understood that I'd do it again if I had to, but that I never wanted to get to that point again. 

Like I said, somewhere else, my three sons will all tower over me before they are finished growing, BUT, they do know that momma will rule, no matter how tall they get.  I truly don't like fighting with my children and I know they don't like fighting with me because, by now, they know that I will win.  I'm saying that to say, women who have children, never give up your role as mother, never let your children think that they are in control.  Don't wait until you have to prove yourself, to prove yourself.  Once you lose control, you might not ever get it back.  Until next time..."Live your life by loving yourself." 

4 comments:

  1. That's right!! We,as Mothers brang these kids into the world and we will take them out... lol
    I laugh everytime I remember that saying.My mother always said it to me.
    Our children will always know we love them,if we go easy on them then thats when it will all turn on us.They will always love us unconditionaly.Thanks for the posts.Once again I'm sitting here laughing my butt off.The headlock thing is so funny...I should send my 17yr old daughter your way!;p lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shannon, girl and you know this, man... If you go easy on the chirren, it's not helping them in the long run. If we don't do it when we're supposed to, then we show can't wait until they're taller and stronger than us to try to tell them something. My fourteen year old is always talking about I'm only harder than him because I'm his momma. Okay, even if I wasn't your momma, I'd still beat you down. He just cracks up laughing.

    Your seventeen year old probably just needs someone other than you to break things down for her. I'm actually going to be, in the future, doing something regarding teens. I know that's a rough age to be in and of course us parents just don't understand. I have a way with teens, so go ahead...send her my way. Glad I'm bringing you some comic relief. Thanks for hanging with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your posts! I think a good mother is someone who takes care of business but also sits down with her kids after the fact to talk it over.

    My little one's only a toddler but it helps me to see what works for others- for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bear' mom, thanks for dropping in and liking my posts. Yep, I'm not a perfect person, therefore, I'm not gonna be a perfect mom, but I love my kids and try to make sure they know why I do the things that I do. You're just getting started, but yep, it's good to be prepared for the various stages your lil Bear is going to be going through. Thanks again for dropping in.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I know your time is valuable. I appreciate your visit.