You blog. You Profit. Sign up for SocialSpark!

Friday, February 11, 2011

Fear in the Night

After going to bed super early, (10:40 p.m.), I was startled out of my sleep at around 2:40 a.m.  I woke to the sound of my cell phone ringing in the living room.  I looked up at my clock and fear crept it's way into my being.  I stumbled out of bed, trying to make my way to the living room struggling to open my eyes.  As you know from a previous post, I sleep in my contacts and on occasion, I wake up with dry eyes.  Anyway, I follow the ringing phone and squint to see the number.  No one that I knew.  With two grown children out of the house, perhaps someone was calling because something was wrong with one of them.  I'm usually a pretty positive person, but almost everyone knows that when a phone rings in the wee hours of the morning, it can't be anything good.  The caller did not just call once.  There was a total of five missed calls and all of them were the same number. 

I was afraid to call the number back, but I did anyway.  "Hello," the mail voice on the other end said.  He didn't sound like I was waking him up because apparently he was already up, ringing my phone off the hook.  "Are you meaning to call this number this early in the morning?" I asked now irritated.  There was no answer.  "Hello?"  Still no answer.  I hung up the phone.  It must have taken me a half hour to get back to sleep because along with my nerves jumping, I couldn't imagine why this person had dialed my number five times and then when I call him back; nothing.  Who does that?  I finally make it back to sleep, but as soon as I wake back up to get the boys up for school, the anger returns.  How dare someone wake me from my sleep in the wee hours of the morning and it not be an emergency.  Again, who does that?  On one hand, I was grateful that it wasn't anything, but still...

After my eleven year old left for school, I called the number back.  Being the considerate person I am, I didn't want to call too early and perhaps wake someone up.  Imagine my frustration when I dialed the number and heard the message, "The person you are trying to reach cannot accept this call at this time."  Huh, are you serious?  How dare he call my phone five times in the wee hours of the morning and when I call his number once, he can't accept the call.  Anyway, just wanted to get that off my chest.  Until next time..."Live your life by loving yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I know your time is valuable. I appreciate your visit.