You blog. You Profit. Sign up for SocialSpark!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

#1 Reason I'm a Stay-at-Home Momma

It's 4:00 p.m. and my fourteen year old has not made it home.  Twelve year old has made it in, safe and sound.  I asked him did he see his brother walking home, he said no.  Okay, where could he be?  I'm thinking maybe he's in after school detention.  So I call the school and inquire how I can find out if he's been detained.  I call the school's main number and am transferred to his principal's phone line.  I only get a message.  I call his cell phone.  Yeah, I have all access to the people who are supposed to be in charge of my children.  So he answers and I inform him who I am and inquire about my son's whereabouts.  "Oh, I was just about to call you," he says, sounding like he's lying.  "Sure, sure," I'm thinking to myself.  "It's 4:00 p.m. and my son is still not home," I said, very annoyed and a little worried.  "He walked home," he said,  "and from what I'm hearing, he was about to get into a fight with someone," he said, matter of factually.  Okay, so I'm very upset now.  My son should not be walking home.  He rides the school bus to and from school.  He recently lost his bus pass and I had given him three dollars to purchase another one. To this day, that purchase has not occurred.  They have given him a temporary bus pass, which is a sticky thing that is attached to his clothes.  Of course he peels it off as soon as he gets home.  Who wants to walk around with a sticky thing on their clothes, especially after they get home from school and go back out into the world.  I know when I leave his school, I immediately take the sticky thing that they give visitors off of my clothing.

My son finally makes it home and he is heated.  On the way home, some eighth graders tried to jump him.  He is furious.  Walking home alone can be a very unsafe thing to do when you have so many people who may be jealous of you cause you look better than they do, dress better than they do, play football better than they do, have a bangier body than they do, have a momma that looks better than their momma, the list is countless.  Anyway, he's pulling off his clothes and about to go collect his boys.  I order him to calm down and tell me what happened.  He tells me that there were several boys and just him.  One boy pushes him and calls him the "B" word and calls him soft.  I'd be soft too if I was surrounded by a group of guys I barely know, trying to beat me up.  He said he put up his dukes and the boy never did do anything, but one of his boys said if he teed off on my son, he would follow up.  I can't imagine my boy in this predicament.  I am just as furious as he is now because he should have been on the bus.   

I call another principal because I couldn't reach the one I had spoken to earlier.  He says that my son did try to call me while he was on the school grounds.  Unfortunately, he dialed two numbers that he thought were mine.  Neither were, because I've been sitting here all day.  That's why I'm at home all day, so that I won't miss an important call concerning my children.  I'm almost embarrassed to say, but my son doesn't know my numbers, he never calls me, and if he does, it's programmed in the phone that he is using.  The school has my numbers.  He should have went back into the school to get the number and none of this would have happened, but that would have been going the extra mile and what fourteen year old that you know, goes an extra mile? 

I will be up bright and early tomorrow morning to take my child to school to make sure that he arrives safely, and you better believe I have a bone to pick with all of these adults who keep giving my son the run-a-round, when they should have been giving him the bus pass that I sent money to school for him to get.  They can't say that he didn't try to purchase one, because if you're giving him sticky things to put on his clothes, then you are aware that he needs a permanent one.  I swear, this is so wrong on a lot of levels.

4 comments:

  1. That's terrible.
    I just wanted to let you know that I am your newest follower.Check out my blog when you get a chance.
    Thanks!
    ~Cara

    www.justcallmemommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cara, thanks for the comment and following me. I'll return the favor. Yep, my son is at that age where he wants to prove his manhood and that's something that I constantly have to talk to him about; not having to prove himself to anybody. I'm here for him and he'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like a very caring and nurturing mom. They do like to think they're all grown up at this age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Queen, yep, they do. Yeah, I'm very caring and nurturing to EVERYBODY! LOL I'm a little rough sometimes, but it's for their own good. I'm also known as the crazy lady in my neighborhood. What a combination, crazy and loving. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I know your time is valuable. I appreciate your visit.