You blog. You Profit. Sign up for SocialSpark!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sweet Saturday

It's Saturday morning, and my world is pretty quiet.  The boys are still asleep; no getting up early today.  So why am I up so early?  Well, for one, my sweetie gets up early regardless of what day of the week it is.  He gets up to watch the morning news; wants to see what craziness occurred while we were tucked away in our safe haven.  There's always plenty of craziness because we live in the "Murder Capital of the Country," I think that's what they call our state of Missouri, also known as the Show Me state, but also knows as the State of Misery.  Even with all the negative name calling, my world within the state of Missouri is quite peaceful, sans my child's school day experiences.

Since it's early, I'm gonna log into school and try to do my best on my individual work that's due by 11:59 p.m.  I really surprised myself last week when I turned in a really rushed, really last minute rough draft of an essay on welfare in the U.S.  On this past Tuesday, I opened up my grade book and was pleasantly surprised to find a "B" waiting for my apprehensive eyes.  Yes!!!  I did it.  Now don't get me wrong, I usually, before starting to blog, of course, spend as much time as needed on my homework to get the best grade possible, but now, I do as little as I need to because quite frankly, school is interfering with my blogging life. 

After I attend school for a few hours, I'm gonna go out and get my spring cleaning supplies.  Today is pretty gloomy, so it's a perfect day to freshen up around the house.  There's not too much to do because I've been doing a pretty good job of tidying up during the week, between blogging and running to my child's rescue.  I'll get the house smelling all Pine-Solly and bleachy and that will make me know that I've done something.  Saturdays are my time to do my major housekeeping chores.  During the week, I keep my floors swept up and dishes washed, but it's not until the weekend that I get down and dirty with my mop.  I hate cleaning the bathroom, but after I'm done, it's the room I feel most proudly of.  There's nothing like walking into your bathroom and smelling bleach and Pine-Sol as opposed to the scent of the missed target; the toilet bowl.  For the life of me, I can't understand how hard it is to aim; they are holding IT, aren't they?

Anyway, I've been working on this post ever since I woke up and that was around 8 something, now it's 10:45 a.m.  I've also been turning around watching the T.V. which is tuned into the National Geographic channel and they're showing our home-town's Criminal Justice Center, on Lock Down.  I swear I've seen some of these dudes before, but perhaps it's just because they sound familiar.  Well, I've been distracted enough by the T.V. and I really need to get to school.  Until next time..."Live your life by loving yourself."

2 comments:

  1. You were sure busy this morning! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you, yep...but you know today didn't go as I planned. I did go to school, I did go get my cleaning supplies, BUTTTT, I haven't did any cleaning. Will do that between blog hopping tomorrow. LOL Thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I know your time is valuable. I appreciate your visit.