You blog. You Profit. Sign up for SocialSpark!

Monday, February 28, 2011

I've Done My Part

Okay, so me and Fourteen Year Old go up to his school to get his homework packet.  I schedule meetings with the administration personnel to voice my concern as to him being suspended for "sexual harassment" and "sexual misconduct".  I visit his counselor who doesn't even know what's been going on.  She's the advocate for the children and also the person that I need to see in regards to his homework packet.  After I tell her what's going on, she leaves her room to talk to the principal who has ordered the suspension.  When I saw him earlier in the halls and asked him had he heard anything, he looks at me like he didn't know what I was talking about. Giving him a look like "Are you serious; you don't remember that I'm waiting on word from the accuser's parent as to how many days my son is to be M.I.A. from classes?"  He all of a sudden "remembers" and says that he left two messages for the parent and she hasn't called back. 

Long story short, the counselor needs to talk to the accuser to get to the bottom of everything.  She is wondering why the young "lady" didn't inform her that my son had been "sexually harassing" her.  If she was really bothered and not just embarrassed, surely she would have informed someone.  I'm wondering where were the boys' enraged parents, who my son had mentioned, who had actually done something to the girl?  I understand that people have to work, but isn't this something that you would take off for?   IF, I was still sitting on some one's time clock, I would have called in to take care of something as serious as this, if my child was involved.  Wouldn't you?

So now I'm waiting for a call back from someone to tell me if my child indeed has to do five days or if he'll only have to do three.  If the mother doesn't call today to set up a meeting in regards to what has happened to her child at school, as well as in her home, all I'm gonna do is shake my head.  When we were leaving the parking lot, my son said that if he was the girl, he'd be scared.  I asked him why?  He said that once her mother finds out what those boys did to her, in her home, the girl should get in trouble with her mom.  I agree.  I'll keep you posted on the outcome of this situation.  Until next time..."Live your life by loving yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I know your time is valuable. I appreciate your visit.