You blog. You Profit. Sign up for SocialSpark!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Even On My Worst Day

My sons came home to check in.  They were wanting to spend the night over at one of their buddy's.  I agreed.  Waiting on my eleven year old to come back outside, I heard one of my sons' friend say, "My bad, man, my bad."  Me being the inquisitive mother that I am...okay, I'm nosey when it comes to my lil ones, okay???  Like I was saying, me being the concerned (wink) mother that I am, I called my fourteen year old in the house.  "What's going on, what was said?"  My son said his friend had said, "That person is bad."  "Bad?" I asked.  "Yeah, sexy bad," my son actually looked a little embarrassed.  That's a first. 

Let me tell you this, I'm walking around the house with a pair of sweats that belong to my fiance'.  Actually I have on a whole ensemble, hoodie included.  There's a pink furry scarf still around my neck from when I was trying to heat up earlier while crunching on some ice; my other "harmless" addiction.  My hair is all over my head and basically, I look a hot mess.  This lil guy obviously needs glasses.  I mentioned that to my sons and the youngest was like, "What you mean, you are sexy."  He does wear glasses; time to get a stronger prescription.  While I'm at it, I'm taking my fiance' to get his eyes checked too.  No matter how crazy I'm looking, he still finds a way to compliment me everyday.  He must really love me cause they say that love is blind, and trust me, he's  got to be blind to tell me I look good everyday.  They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I try to see what all the hoopla is about.  I mean, I clean up pretty nicely when I put on one of my hair accessories (wigs) and put my make-up on, (eyeliner) and head on out.  For the life of me, I wanna see what everyone else is seeing, cause when I look in the mirror on one of my worst days, I just can't see it. 

I guess it's great that I don't see what the rest of the world sees.  I'd probably be as conceded as conceded can be.  I mean, the way people stare a hole in me is incredulous.  Sometimes I get upset because didn't their mother teach them that it wasn't polite to stare?   Some women like to be looked at like that, but I don't.  Most times when I go out, I try not to even make eye contact with men.  They look and they look and they look, geesh, nothing has changed since the last time you looked at me.  I can't take my boys out with me much because they're at that protective age and about a year ago, my baby, yes the youngest, challenged a grown man about staring at me.  It's crazy I tell ya. 

Anyway, I just had to blog about this because it was so funny to me.  Me, on one of my worst days was called sexy by a teenager.  What is this world coming to?  Thank God my fiance' wasn't in ear shot, he'd have something to say about that.  It took him a while to get used to all the stares that I get.  Had to calm him down a couple of times.  I told him that people have been staring at me forever and he'd better get used to it cause it's always been this way.  I also told him that I don't stare at them back and that's more important.  Every now and then he gets riled up.  Anyway, I'm getting ready to take my "sexy" self on to bed.  Until the next time..."Live your life by loving yourself."

7 comments:

  1. nice post I am your newest follower, feel free to follow back www.thatshakerofsalt.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just followed you back. Thanks for th comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waiting for that from my 11 year old boy...he's yet to really stare at a female {at least that I've seen} or make comments -- so I know the day is coming lol. And, like you, I'm happy in a pair of yoga pants and a hoodie without all the fuss and mess.


    Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I'm your newest hop follower
    Have a wonderful weekend

    http://www.everydayexpressionz.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maam--i do not think those ingrates actually read your weblog. It seems they are merely advertising.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mr. Lawful, it's all good. Whether they read it or not, doesn't matter to me. I do this for myself. Glad you took the time to stop by. Have a GREAT day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Mystee, thanks for dropping by. My boys are a mess. They've been noticing girls for a while now, thanks to one of their friends. He had a "crush" on me and his mom got jealous wanting to know who was this new woman he came home talking to. Ms. Trish this, Ms. Trish that... Your son's time is right around the corner, trust me. See you around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heavenly, I'm following you back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I know your time is valuable. I appreciate your visit.