You blog. You Profit. Sign up for SocialSpark!

Monday, March 7, 2011

You Get What You Pay For Part II

So me and Fiance' have rings, purchased just last week.  We were doing a little bling, bling shopping for the boys and decided we'd get ourselves something nice too.  I'm not really into bling but figured since we were spending money on the boys, we might as well treat ourselves too.  What caught our attention was the 45-70% off sign.  Should have known better.  Anyways, that night, everyone was especially feeling good about their new blinging status.  The boys had acquired a pair of nice looking earrings that they shared.  Having one hole guaranteed a discount when it came to purchasing earring ware.  Fiance' felt special with his new ring seeing that a friend and his wife had purchased rings recently.  Even though we're not officially married yet, our rings give the impression that we are, and we've been wearing them proudly.

Today as I was surfing the net, I happened to be admiring my ring.  You can imagine my horror when I saw what looked like copper on one side of my ring.  I investigated it further and saw that the silver was peeling.  What in the world?  I thought this ring was real.  The original price of the ring was $500 plus and the jeweler had sold it to me for $120.00.  Even at $120.00, I don't believe that the ring was worth it, now that it was peeling.  I found the receipt and it said that I had 7 days to return for an exchange, but NO refund.  I called my mother, my riding buddy, and hit the road. 

We arrived at the mall where we had purchased the jewelry and found the same salesman.  I'm wondering if he remembered me or thought he had himself another sucker.  "How may I help you ma'am?" he asked.  "Ummm, I was just in here seven days ago and purchased this ring and now it's peeling," I said.  He then asked me a series of questions starting with had I put any detergent on it, had I tried to wash it, had I applied lotion on while wearing it, do I have allergic reactions to silver?"  "No, no, no, no," I shook my head to each question.  "Well, I've never seen this happen before," he said, acting like I was the first unsatisfied customer he had had in his life.  He told me to come back on Wednesday, which would be nine days after the purchase and therefore, I'm pretty sure, there'll be an issue with the guarantee.  He said his supervisor would be there on Wednesday and that she would take care of me.  I looked at him like he was crazy because I've watched enough court case shows to know that verbal communication is not the business.  Sorry Charlie, I didn't fall off the cabbage truck just last night, I thought to myself.  How dare he think that I was that naive. 

I demanded that he write what he was telling me on the back of the receipt that CLEARLY said that I had seven days, not nine to get an exchange.  By the time his supervisor is on the scene, I probably won't stand nearly as much a chance as I stand talking to this initial salesman, today.  After he wrote on the back of the receipt and scribbled his name, I stood there and texted on my notepad on my phone that on 3/7/2011, I was told by a clerk at Armanii Jewelers to come back on Wednesday to talk to his supervisor about the peeling ring.  I sure hope he knows that I will be back up there on Wednesday.  It's one thing to buy something and know that it is not genuine, but to buy something under the assumption that it is the real deal Holyfield, is something else.  I could have taken the money that I spent on the silver plated ring and spent it on a real ring at a pawn shop.

I don't know if I'll get an exchange for this faulty ring, but one thing is for sure, I will announce to the world, through this blog as well as through Twitter and Facebook, that Armanii Jewelers sell silver plated jewelry and buyer beware.  Until next time..."Live your life by loving yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I know your time is valuable. I appreciate your visit.