You blog. You Profit. Sign up for SocialSpark!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Finding Balance

If you're a daily visitor, you'll see that I'm not posting on a daily basis anymore.  It's not that I have lost my zest for blogging, that is truly not the case.  It's just that other areas of my life, mainly my scholastic life, has suffered considerably in the past few months.  I'm really trying hard not to beat myself up and keep reminding myself that things like this happen to other people as well and that, even though I'm not doing so great at this moment, once upon a time, not long ago, I was doing a grand job in my studies.

So now, I'm trying to find that balance that I'm sure is out there, where I can be great at everything that I'm involved in.  I'm a great mom and that goes without saying;  and I'm a great writer, when I'm writing.  I have to get back to being a great student.  My degree is very important to me and even though I don't know what line of work I'm going to eventually go into, I'll have my degree to speak to the fact that I was a great enough student to obtain it. 

Finding balance in our daily lives can be as simple as committing to the time it takes to get things accomplished.  Once we make a conscious decision to put things in time frames and get them done, the next thing to do is, do them.  Parenting is a twenty-four seven job and so I stay on point for that.  Taking time to write is something that I am finding easier to do with my blogging platform.  Since my school life has been compromised, I will have to seriously get down to business in that department.  I have four weeks, including this one to get my act together.  I'm not sure if I can recover this semester, but next semester will be a fresh slate and I'm determined to get back to my A-B grade status.  I was thinking about taking some time off from school, but decided against it.  I only have eleven more months to go before I will have my Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice.  I'm pretty sure that I won't try to further my education as it's really not a priority at this point to get a higher degree. 

Speaking of school, I think I better go on and head over to my online classes.  It's Monday and usually not to many people have posted to the discussion area and I certainly don't want to wait until later and be left out of the conversation, as with the past weeks.  If I get a jump start on this week's assignments, I'm sure to be doing a lot better than last week and the previous weeks since I've started blogging.  Until next time..."Live your life by loving yourself."

5 comments:

  1. Hi! Just stopping by to thank you for joining the Monday blog hop! Hope to see you link up again next week :)
    www.TheMcMommyDiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you find balance, please let me know! LOL I have a hard time juggling the things that I want to do with the things I have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie, no problem, when I have time, I'm always game for a hop here and there. I'll be sure to hop back over next Monday. BTW, I'm now following you. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacey, you already know that there is no such thing as balancing...it's an act in progress. LOL I'll just say that I am attempting to find balance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,

    I am your newest follower, please follow back at:
    http://mysisterismybestfriend.blogspot.com
    http://marieandherfriendtheseaturtle.blogspot.com
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I know your time is valuable. I appreciate your visit.