You blog. You Profit. Sign up for SocialSpark!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Nine Months and Counting (Re-post)

Okay, so it's like the 5th day of the New Year and I've decided to start blogging again.  I won't say that I had writer's block as much as I will say that I just didn't want to write about what was going on in my life these months that I've been M.I.A.  Whhhaatttttt???  I hear you asking in your head.  How can the most wordiest person I've read not want to write about what's going on in her life?  How can she not want to write, she writes about EVERYTHING???  Well, I don't know, it just happened.  One day I woke up and  my will to write about my life had lost it's will.  But today, the 5th day of the New Year, it has returned.  So here goes.

The title of this post is "NINE MONTHS AND COUNTING".  I'm thinking that perhaps it's been that long since I last wrote.  I'll do the math later, but anyway, nine months ago I started working on an online psychic video chatline.  PSYCHICCCCCC???  I hear you again.  Yes, psychic.  I found the work through a friend who I'd met on one of the MANY networking sites that I've subscribed to over the past umpteenth years.  This person was starting her own website and was looking for workers.  I let her know that I didn't consider myself a psychic as much as I considered myself a GREAT advisor on life in general.  Well I sent her a page of samples of advice that I had given over the years on various networking sites and she thought I was excellent for her site, despite me not claiming to be a psychic perse'.  Her site never really got off the ground and it's unfortunate because she was willing to pay me top dollar a minute for my expertise. 

Even though her site never took off, she was linked to other sites as well and recommended that I apply to one that she was also affiliated with.  I applied the day I received her email and started working that very same day.  That date was March 22nd of last year and I've been working there ever since.  I'll say that the journey has not been an easy one although I LOVE what I am doing there.  When I first started I was basically trying to fit in as a "regular" person amongst those who proudly said that they could see into one's future.  I wasn't concerned about any one's future because I wanted to concentrate on what was going on in there lives at the present time, to get to a better future.  In my mind, why worry about your future if you're not willing to deal with your present?  Your future is based on your present and how you're dealing with that, is what I thought. 

When I said it has not been an easy journey, let me elaborate.  It's VERY easy for me to sit in front of my webcam and speak, as though I'm getting paid like Oprah, to the many unhappy and confused individuals that find their way into my room and actually stay for what I have to offer.  Most visitors who find their way onto our site are looking for quick answers as to what the future holds for them.  I make it a point to tell my roomies that tomorrow holds nothing for you if you don't wake up.  Why worry about a day that might not come.  Now today, what's going on???  The thing that I do NOT like about my work is the fact that although I come out the gate yearning to help the lost souls, the lost souls aren't willing to do their part in making our interaction a win/win situation.  See, I am supposed to get paid for my services.  I feel that my room is one of the rooms a person can enter and get instant help without spending a penny.  But is that fair to me?  The basis for the site is for people to come and get the answers or help that they need and leave something for the person who has done them that service.  But since I run my room more like a talk/empowerment show, they are getting something for nothing. 

I love helping people, which is sort of a fault because I'm going to help regardless if anyone pays.  I live to get on that camera and speak til my heart hurts to help save the wounded hearts that sit for hours and some past normal sleeping hours for the sane.  I've become the new drug instead of the drugs that I'm sometimes accused of being on.  Oh, yeah, that's what I was saying about the not easy journey on my job.  My room is a public room, people from ALL walks of life can come in.  Some are so miserable that they only come to the site to cause disruption, these people are called trolls.  In the beginning the trolls came in like released imps from hell and reeked havoc on the rooms that they entered.  In the beginning I wasn't as composed as I am now and would GLADLY and BRUTALLY go tit for tat with the evvviiillllll doers as I called them.  They would hurl horrible insults at me, accuse me of being on some kind of drug because of my BIG BEAUTIFUL INSIGHTFUL EYES..."hey crack queen" they would type.  Man, thinking back on those days, only the strong could have survived and guess what, I am VERY strong that is why I have been there for nine months and counting. 

Anywho, I guess I should go on and tell you the site that I work at so you can come on over and visit me sometimes. My direct link is www.oranum.com/psychics/mi3cents.  Once you click onto this link make sure you check the box to be alerted when I am online.  I don't keep a schedule because my life is so unpredictable, but you'll be one of the first to know when I do come online by way of email notification.  In my absence make sure that you read my profile so that you will know exactly what it is that I do here and how I can assist you in your struggle to find clarity within the confines of your being.  I will warn you, I still have to get jiggy with a few rude visitors, but for the most part, when I'm on, it will be the most inspirational/motivational/empowering/captivating time you have spent in such a room; at least that's what they tell me.  :  ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I know your time is valuable. I appreciate your visit.